Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thing 19 Award winning sites

There are many sites listed on the 2.0 site which I would like to explore as the year goes on. Among these are Craigslist, which I often hear mentioned and both my daughters use. Also etsy, a jewelry selling site which my niece uses to sell her handmade jewelry. I had ignored her email about it since I had never heard of it, but now will try to find her stuff on it.

For this exercise I explored Google Maps which I had previously used only to find directions. I have found both my daughters' houses (one in CA which I rarely get to) at the closest zoom level on the hybrid map. It was fascinating to see the houses and the trees in their neighborhoods.
I also really like looking in the satellite view at various addresses where ancestors used to live.

I watched the video on adding content and other tools. Someday I may want to do this, but what I can use right now is the ability to search for businesses near an address. My daughter is moving soon so I checked out the convenience stores near her new address and found one less than a mile away.

When time allows I will go back to the list of 2.0 sites and explore more fun and useful sites.

1 comment:

ellenc9 said...

Hi Mom,
I'm proud of you and your log. I don't think I'll ever get this technological.