Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thing 18 Online Productivity

I created an account in Google Docs and found the site to be quite useful. I uploaded two Story Time Plans for this October and then accessed them from home where I could edit them.
I had sent them to my Yahoo account and also shared them with a collaborator. It seems that it could be used as an easier form than a wiki for sharing a small project.

I will definitely use Google Docs again. It could work for my family memory sharing that I organize through lots of email replies to "all." I then edit everyone's shared memories mostly by copying and pasting, but Google Docs would make it easier.

While reading Sun columnist Mike Himowitz's column this week I was pleased that I knew what he was talking about. The subject was free sources for Word, Excel etc. Google Docs was one of the 3 he discussed. He found its main advantages to be portability and collaboration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Luddite, this could be your brother. How come you did not learn about Google Docs from the old homer himself?